Serves 8 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 1 hour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 eggs (room temp.)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temp.)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoom vanilla extract
1 cup persimmon pulp
Tips & Notes
Choose over-ripe organic Hachiya persimmons, available at the Co-op during the fall and winter months.
Set ripen firm Hachiyas, set them out on the counter for a few days or freeze and then defrost to soften the fruit.Order Ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Lightly grease loaf pan.
2. In bowl, sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
4. In a small bowl, beat eggs with vanilla extract.
5. Using a mixer slowly add the egg mixture to into creamed butter and sugar.
6. Add the persimmon pulp and then remove the mixer.
7. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients 1/3 at a time until blended.
8. Pour into loaf pan and cook for 1 hour.
9. Let cool completely before serving.