Autumn Quinoa Salad
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 tablespoons olive oil
4 1/2 to 5 cups butternut squash
1 cup sliced brussels sprouts
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1 medium apple
3/4 cup feta
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped parsley
4 tablespoons lemon juice
Tips & Notes
Technically a fruit, butternut squash is and excellent complete source of plant-based protein that’s high in fiber, vitamin C and A.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add quinoa, water, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, cook another 15 minutes until water has evaporated. Let quinoa dry and cool.
3. Cut squash into 1/2 inch chunks. Cover with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and bake about 25 minutes.
4. In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil and sauté onions about 2 minutes. Add brussels sprouts, cook 4 more minutes.
5. Add quinoa, squash, onions, brussels sprouts, apple, feta, dried cranberries, parsley, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and paprika into large mixing bowl and toss.