Cinnamon Apple Crisp
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 45 minutes
10 cups apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter
Tips & Notes
Use a combination of sweet and tart apples. For example, a tart Granny Smith combined with a sweet Honeycrisp works well.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the apples in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
3. Mix white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over apples.
4. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together and crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
5. Bake 45 minutes.
6. Best served with ice cream.