Yields 4 servings | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 14 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
5 tbsp unsalted butter
4 ounces organic semi sweet chocolate, chopped
3 organic large eggs
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp Frontier cream of tartar
4 tbsp granulated sugar
Tips & Notes
The batter can be made up to 2 days ahead.
Soufflés can be served plain or with topping like raspberries. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
1. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and organic semi sweet chocolate in large bowl in the microwave. Microwave for 20 second increments and continuously stir. Then let it cool for 5 minutes.
2. Whisk eggs yolks, organic vanilla extract, and salt into chocolate mixture.
3. In a mixing bowl beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together until peaks form. While the mixer is still on, gradually add about 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time, beating for 5 seconds. After all the sugar is added, beat until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold the egg whites mixture into the chocolate mixture.
5. Refrigerate the batter for 5 -10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
6. Prepare the ramekins by coating them butter. Sprinkle and move around the granulated sugar in the ramekins. Discard excess sugar and place ramekins on baking pan.
7. Remove batter from refrigerator and spoon into ramekins. Smooth the surface with a knife.
8. Place ramekins in the oven and reduce temperature to 375°F. Bake for 13- 14 minutes or until edges are set with a center that hardly jiggles.
9. Remove from oven and serve immediately.