Roasted Beet Salad
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 40 minutes
3 medium sized beets, any variety
Small drizzle of olive oil
1 pear, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
A few handfuls of salad greens
1/2 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Drizzle of honey
1 – 2 tablespoons walnut oil
Sea salt & black pepper
Tips & Notes
For a fuller meal, add quinoa.
To cook quinoa:
Add 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to a saucepan over medium- high heat and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 10 to 20 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle beets with olive oil, salt, pepper and wrap in foil.
2. Cook about 40 to 60 minutes until they are fork tender.
3. Set beets aside to cool. As soon as they’re cool enough to touch, run beets under faucet and slide off skins.
4. Chop beets into roughly 1/2 inch cubes.
5. Place greens, quinoa, beets, feta and walnuts on platter.
6. Drizzle with a liberal amount of walnut oil, a bit of balsamic vinegar and honey, and top with salt and pepper.