Sweet Potato & Black Quinoa Fritters
Serves 2-4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 cup raw, shredded sweet potato
1 cup cooked quinoa (any color will do)
1 tbsp fine chopped scallion
1/4 cup white rice flour (quinoa, cassava or almond will also work)
1 tbsp chopped parsley
2-3 tbsps of avocado or coconut oil
Chili flakes optional
Salt pepper to taste
1/4 cup of fine ground-corn meal for coating just before frying.
1 cup yogurt – any will do.
1 bunch cilantro leaves
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 tsp salt
Tips & Notes
To make this dish plant based, substitute the egg with a flax egg.
For sauce: Combine in food processor on medium. For a thinner sauce, add a tablespoon of water or milk.
1. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the avocado oil and corn meal. Mix well with a spoon or spatula.
2. Shape the mixture into small fritters or cakes.
3. In a small bowl toss your corn meal with salt, pepper and paprika and set aside.
4. Heat your skillet to medium high and add the avocado oil.
5. Coat or sprinkle your fritters with the corn meal on each side.
6. Once oil is heated, carefully place your cakes in with a spatula one at a time.
7. Fry for two minutes each side or until golden. Remove, drain on a paper towel.
8. Plate, top with sauce and enjoy.