Fettucine with Prosciutto and Peas
Serves 4-6 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1 pound fettucine
1 1/2 cups fresh shelled or frozen peas
1/2 cup butter
6 oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced
18 sage leaves
1 ball burrata cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
Salt and pepper
Tips & Notes
You might not need to add the entire cup and a half of reserved water. Add slowly to get your desired consistency. For more flavor, add more sage leaves.
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Two minutes before pasta is done al dente, add peas. Drain pasta and peas and reserve 1 1/2 cups water.
2. Heat butter in a separate large pot over medium until butter is frothy. Add sage and prosciutto (cut into bite sized pieces) to pan and cook until prosciutto is golden brown, about 4 minutes.
3. Add pasta and peas to the pan with sage and prosciutto. Add 1/2 cup parmesan and toss together over medium heat.
4. Slowly add reserved water until all pasta is coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place in bowl and let cool about 2 minutes. Pull the burrata ball apart into smaller pieces and place over pasta.
6. Top with more parmesan.