Creamy Chicken Orzo
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 35 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
4 large carrots, peeled, sliced
2 cups mushrooms, any variety
5 garlic cloves, minced
7 cups chicken stock
2-3 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
1 pound orzo
1 tablespoon parsley, minced
1 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Tips & Notes
For extra flavor, add more vegetables and garlic. Vegetables reduce considerably in size when cooked.
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Toss celery and carrots into pan. Cook about 2 minutes and then add mushrooms and onion. Cook until onion is translucent, about 7 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Add the shredded chicken breast and orzo and reduce heat to medium.
6. Add parsley, salt and pepper and maintain a simmer for 20 minutes, until the veggies are tender, and most of the liquid has been absorbed by the orzo.