Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Co-opportunity product family!
We strive to carry the highest quality organic, specialty, local, and natural foods available and we welcome your submissions and inquiries. Please keep in mind that any proposed product must meet our co-op’s product quality standards in order to be considered.
PLEASE READ this list of ingredients that the Co-op does not allow in products we carry before you submit any products for consideration.Product Standards List
New Product Submission Process:
1. TELL US ABOUT YOUR PRODUCTS
Due to the high volume of product requests we receive, we are not able to personally respond to every submission.
You may submit your request to have your product considered by our purchasing team by filling out the form below.FILL OUT OUR VENDOR FORM
2. PRODUCT REVIEW MEETING
If we are interested in a product or line your company has submitted, you will be contacted with information about scheduling a product review meeting with our purchasing team. Our purchasing team meets with new vendors on the first and third Thursday of every month.
Co+opportunity Market & Deli
Santa Monica, CA 90404
ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFORMATION:
email@example.com (424) 275-6696
Price or UPC Changes:
firstname.lastname@example.org (424) 275-6976
email@example.com (424) 275-6692
Product Receiving Policy
Receiving Hours: 6 am – 2 pm
Vendors must be checked in and have the packing slip or invoice signed by the appropriate Co-op employee before product is stocked on the shelf. Invoices submitted without a Co-op employee’s signature will not be paid.
- We require a minimum of 30 days’ notice for price changes. This information must include the products’ UPC numbers. Providing this info as an Excel document is encouraged.
- Price change notifications must be emailed to Felix Umana (Pricing Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All packaged products must have bar codes, which have been provided to, and verified by, the Co-op’s Pricing Coordinator.
- Our standard terms are net 30; early-pay discounts are encouraged.
- Invoices must be printed, not handwritten.
- Invoices must have a unique invoice number and date.
- In the case of disputed or unpaid invoices, vendors must contact a member of our Accounting Office Staff within 30 days of the original due date. Monthly statements are encouraged to help in tracking missed invoices.
NOTE: Failure to observe any of the above policies may result in discontinuation of purchases from your company.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to working with you to make our new venture a success!
Our Marketing team is happy to work with you on promoting your line or product in creative ways. Email email@example.com for more information.