Dear Co-Opportunity Owners and Customers,
At Co-Opportunity Market, the safety and well-being of our owners, customers and staff is our top priority. Each time you shop at the co-op, you place your trust in our standards at every level. To further ensure your confidence in visiting our stores as Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads, we want to communicate what we’re doing to help protect the health of our community.
What We’re Doing:
- We continue our rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at high touch areas such as carts, registers, credit card keypads, elevators, bulk bins, kitchens, prep and break rooms.
- We are reinforcing proper handwashing techniques with staff through multiple channels – reminding them verbally and through additional signage. We will soon be installing hand sanitizing machines in-store as an extra precaution.
- Staff has been advised to stay home and promptly receive medical treatment if they are feeling ill. Our co-op has a generous paid time off policy and we will work with staff members impacted by COVID-19 on a case-by-case basis.
- With the increased demand nationwide for sanitizers and sanitized wipes, we have been having difficulty obtaining them for our stores. We are working hard to source these necessities from a wide variety of suppliers.
- We have built up inventory on cleaning products, hand soaps, water, paper goods (toilet paper and paper towels), pantry staples, immunity builders and wellness items.
- In Prepared Foods, our food safety standards remain at a high level. All team members have completed food safety training and wear gloves and hats while serving customers.
- We cancelled all in-store demos, including our wine and beer tastings in Culver City, until further notice.
What You Can Do:
- When paying, we encourage you to use Apple Pay or Google Pay for contactless payment – available at all of our registers.
- We encourage those who are not able to visit us in person to utilize delivery services – Instacart, Postmates, and Grubhub.
- As our staff works tirelessly around the clock, please remember to show your gratitude through your kindness and patience.
As you know, the Coronavirus situation in our community is moving rapidly. We are following the developments closely and as we receive new information from public health officials and organizations, we will adjust quickly in order to protect our community. Our thoughts are with everyone around the world who has been impacted by COVID-19.Please take care of yourselves and each other.